As a MyTime member you have access to information and resources through your group's facilitator. Ask your facilitator about what is available to support you.
Can't make it to your group?
If you are unable to attend your group with your child or young person, it might be worth exploring other options for support such as respite, so you can attend MyTime by yourself. For more information about respite go to:
- Commonwealth Respite and Carelink Centres (phone 1800 052 222)
- Carers Australia
- Raising Children Network
If your child is 18 and over we would encourage you to contact the Carers Association in your state to explore other options for you.
Resources for parents and carers
- Respite care for children with disability, autism or other additional needs
- Parent relationships: children with disability, autism or other additional needs
- Parent feelings: children with disability, autism or other additional needs
- Raising autistic children: support
- Raising autistic children: family support
- Child disability: parent support groups
- Finding support for children with disability: parent stories
- Parents of children with disability: looking after your relationship
- Returning to work and children with disability: work-life balance
"As a first time parent I have found it beneficial to talk and to get ideas from other parents."